I spent about an hour and a half in the garden, beginning the long process of bringing it under control again. Things have been much too busy for a long time for me to do much more than cut the lawn, so there is much to do.
Today, I cut back the grape vine that had taken over the greenhouse and turned the cuttings into mulch. I think I am about half way to getting the greenhouse back into a useable state, but I will have to replace some glass and do some other repairs as well as clear out the weeds. Even if we only have some tomatoes in grow bags, that will be pleasant, and then the greenhouse can be there for the winter.
As I was clearing, I discovered a blackbird nest, sadly complete with four eggs.